Disappointment over rejection of tidal defence plan

Published: Thursday 22nd October 2015 by KCFM

Comments (1)

Hull City Council and East Riding of Yorkshire Council say they’re disappointed with the government’s decision to refuse a billion pound flood prevention strategy for the Humber.

But Councillor Alan Clark from Hull City Council says they’re still working closely to deliver new flood defences, including the recent installation of provision at Albert Dock.

Leader of East Riding Council, Stephen Parnaby, gave his reaction to the decision: “As I understand it, they’ve said no initially, but go back again and think again and try and split this up. It’s a disappointment so far, but until I see the detail, I can’t really comment. As I understand it, the door is open for us to go back.”

KCFM

Published: Thursday 22nd October 2015 by KCFM

Comments (1)
  • John E Pallister BA

    Typical government strategy….they pay a lot of cash for the shitty of culture, but not a thing to stop it flooding before hand.

Local business search