East Yorkshire surgery saved from closure

p44367P-a6b5d1f8-ad4e-4bf9-845f-a860d93b86cc

Published: Friday 19th June 2015 by The News Editor

Comments (0)

A takeover agreement has saved an East Yorkshire doctors’ surgery from closing.

Beverley and Molescroft was under threat after funding cuts of 40%. But GPs in the area have agreed to take it over, according to NHS England.

News of the threatened cutbacks over three years came in April. Partner and GP Guy Clayton said this would have left the surgery facing a loss.

Earlier this week Dr. Clayton told Radio Humberside that the cutbacks would have taken it under its overheads level.

NHS England’s Julie Warren said that local family doctors will assume the management of the surgery and Dr. Clayton will come back shortly.

Ms Warren said that the body will go on backing the Lockwood Road, Beverley-sited surgery through its transitional stage.

She said this will ensure that its 2,600-strong patient base will have continued access to high-quality primary care facilities.

Copyright Press Association 2015

Published: Friday 19th June 2015 by The News Editor

Comments (0)

Local business search