Hull boxer Campbell pulls out of fight

p22276P-9a8c59be-9232-4c0a-b5a7-f7ce3f031d1c

Published: Tuesday 3rd February 2015 by The News Editor

Comments (0)

Hull boxer Luke Campbell MBE has decided to pull out of a fight next month due to family reasons, according to promoters.

The 26-year-old Olympic gold medallist was hoping to make it six professional wins out of six at the Hull Ice Arena on Saturday, March 7.

But the fight will not now take place as the bantamweight is spending time with his family while his father, who is suffering from cancer, moves into Dove House Hospice.

He will be replaced on the card, according to promoter Eddie Hearn.

Campbell says he wants to spend all the time he can with his family at this time.

He said in August last year that he wanted to take a break from boxing but the March 2015 date had already been arranged.

Campbell says he will be back in the ring soon and hopes his fans understand the decision he has made.

Copyright Press Association 2015

Published: Tuesday 3rd February 2015 by The News Editor

Comments (0)

Local business search