Commuter turns down Bridge invite


Published: Friday 6th March 2015 by The News Editor

Comments (0)

The black commuter blocked by Chelsea supporters from entering a Paris Metro train has declined an invitation to the Champions League last-16 second leg with Paris St Germain at Stamford Bridge.

Souleymane S is open to meeting club officials, but does not wish to attend next Wednesday’s match in London after receiving an invite from the Blues.

Five supporters have been suspended by Chelsea after the French-Mauritian was subject to racist and physical abuse on his commute home on February 17, prior to the first leg at Parc des Princes.

Official investigations continue and anyone found guilty will be banned for life by Chelsea, who moved swiftly to act to the incident which was captured on video.

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho was “ashamed” by the incident and owner Roman Abramovich was said to be “disgusted”.

Souleymane S, who has declined to reveal his surname, spoke of his reluctance to attend the match immediately after the invitation was announced and it has been confirmed he will not be travelling to London.

“It is too early to go to a football match for my client,” Jim Michel-Gabriel, who is representing Souleymane S, told Press Association Sport.

“My client was very shocked about what happened on the subway.”

Michel-Gabriel confirmed the written invitation had been received.

Souleymane S may consider attending a future match at Stamford Bridge.

“Maybe,” the lawyer added. “We will meet Chelsea, but not during a match. It’s too early.”

Published: Friday 6th March 2015 by The News Editor

Comments (0)

Local business search