Crolla aiming to come back strong


Published: Monday 22nd December 2014 by The News Editor

Comments (0)

World title hopeful Anthony Crolla has vowed to make a comeback next year after a brutal attack left his career in the balance.

The Mancunian was left with a fractured skull and broken ankle after pursuing two men who he saw in his garden after hearing his neighbour’s burglar alarm going off last week.

His long-awaited world title shot against Richard Abril on January 23 was scrapped and his trainer Joe Gallagher admitted he was unsure whether the likeable fighter would even be able to box again.

But Crolla took to Twitter on Sunday night to thank people for their support, and he promised to “be back stronger than ever in 2015”.

In a series of Tweets, he said: ” I can’t thank everyone on here enough for all the msgs of support. Honestly took back by them all they’ve meant the absolute world to me and my family.

“I’m devastated over what happened and having to pull out of my fight but I’ve got a lot to be thankful for as I’m a very lucky man.

“It’ll be a tough road back but I promise that I will be back stronger than ever in 2015. Thanks so much again.”

Promoter Eddie Hearn also took to Twitter on Sunday and appeared to be in no doubt that Crolla would be back in the ring.

“Great chat with @ant_crolla tonight – great to hear him in such good spirits,” he said. “Excited for ‘the comeback’-he will get his World title shot!”

Police said on Friday that a 17-year-old boy was being questioned in custody on suspicion of burglary, assault and possession with intent to supply drugs in connection with the incident.

Published: Monday 22nd December 2014 by The News Editor

Comments (0)

Local business search