Farah to return in Monaco


Published: Wednesday 17th June 2015 by The News Editor

Comments (0)

Mo Farah has announced he will return to the track for the first time since the doping allegations against his coach at the Monaco Diamond League meeting on July 17.

The double Olympic champion pulled out of the Sainsbury’s Birmingham Grand Prix earlier this month, stating he was “physically and emotionally drained” in the wake of allegations made by the BBC’s Panorama programme against his coach Alberto Salazar and training partner Galen Rupp.

Both men have denied the claims, while Farah has not been accused of doing anything illegal.

Rather than racing in Birmingham, the 32-year-old jetted back to his Portland home to seek answers from Salazar.

On Wednesday he was back on the other side of the Atlantic, posting on Twitter a picture of himself training in France.

He said: ” Good to be out on the track in France today, getting ready for my next race in Monaco!! Focusing on my training!!!!”

A week after competing at the Herculis meeting in Monaco, Farah is due to compete at the Sainsbury’s Anniversary Games at the Olympic Stadium.

Salazar, under whose guidance Farah has won five global titles over 5,000 and 10,000 metres, is head coach at the prestigious Nike Oregon Project in Portland and an ‘unpaid consultant’ for UK Athletics, who have launched a review into the American’s relationship with the governing body and Farah.

Farah has said he intends to stand by his coach unless he is proven to have done wrong.

Published: Wednesday 17th June 2015 by The News Editor

Comments (0)

Local business search