Palace sack Warnock


Published: Saturday 27th December 2014 by The News Editor

Comments (0)

Neil Warnock has become the Premier League’s first managerial casualty of the season, with Crystal Palace sacking him on Saturday morning.

The 66-year-old only started a second spell at Selhurst Park on August 27, but has failed to carry on the stellar work done by predecessor Tony Pulis.

Pulis walked out ahead of the season after pulling off a great escape during the last campaign, but Warnock – despite a memorable win over Liverpool – has not got things going and leaves Palace with the club in the relegation zone on 15 points.

“Crystal Palace Football Club can today confirm that Neil Warnock has been relieved of his duties and is no longer first-team manager,” said a statement on the club’s official website.

“The club would like to put on record its thanks to Neil for all his hard work and energy over the past four months.

“Keith Millen will lead the team against Queens Park Rangers tomorrow as caretaker manager.”

Warnock appeared to be showing the strain after Friday’s 3-1 loss to Southampton, bemoaning his side’s lack of luck after listening to the club’s fans singing “you don’t know what you’re doing”.

”I thought they had a lot of luck last year – I don’t see us having much luck this year,” he said.

Published: Saturday 27th December 2014 by The News Editor

Comments (0)

Local business search