Boy, 13, to be sentenced for murder

p33908UK-News-6-1

Published: Friday 10th April 2015 by The News Editor

Comments (0)

A 13-year-old boy who admitted murdering a builder after a row outside a block of flats will be sentenced later.

The child, who cannot be named for legal reasons, pleaded guilty to stabbing 53-year-old Christopher John Barry in Edmonton, north London, on Sunday, December 14 2014.

Mr Barry was said to have been involved in a row with a group of youths trying to get into a party at another address in the block of flats where he lived.

He was followed into the block in The Broadway by two of the boys before being stabbed in the chest, police said.

Ambulance crews attended but he was pronounced dead at the scene shortly before 8.40pm on December 14 last year.

The defendant’s parents as well as relatives of Mr Barry, who was known as Jack and was originally from Cobh, Co Cork, all attended court when the boy entered his plea last month.

Judge Anthony Morris will sentence him at the Old Bailey from 2pm. He is in custody.

Published: Friday 10th April 2015 by The News Editor

Comments (0)

Local business search