Clarkson says he will miss Top Gear


Published: Saturday 18th April 2015 by The News Editor

Comments (0)

Jeremy Clarkson has spoken of how much he will miss hosting Top Gear, and thanked fans for their support after he was axed from the popular motoring programme.

The presenter, released by the BBC after he attacked a producer of the show, has not spoken publicly about being dropped other than to say that “everybody’s upset”.

But in his Sun column today, Clarkson gave a brief mention to the incident.

“Heartfelt thanks to all those who have written to say how much they will miss me on Top Gear,” he wrote. “It’s not as much, however, as I’ll miss being there.”

The star was suspended by the broadcaster last month when he became the subject of an internal BBC investigation after he attacked Top Gear producer Oisin Tymon, splitting his lip and verbally abusing him.

Clarkson’s contract was not renewed, with director-general Tony Hall saying at the time “a line has been crossed” and “there cannot be one rule for one and one rule for another”.

But the star received widespread public support.

Earlier this month North Yorkshire Police said that following an investigation Clarkson would face no further police action over his attack on the producer at a hotel.

Clarkson pulled out of his planned appearance hosting BBC satirical show Have I Got News For You, which was due to be filmed next week, and aired a day later.

It would have marked his first BBC appearance since the fracas which led to his departure.

Published: Saturday 18th April 2015 by The News Editor

Comments (0)

Local business search