Daughter loses fight over £1m will

p46300UK-News-10-1

Published: Tuesday 30th June 2015 by The News Editor

Comments (0)

A woman who claimed a half share in nearly £1 million was not enough has lost the latest round of a family court fight over her father’s will.

Claudine Aumord said she had health problems and claimed her father had not made “reasonable” provision for her when dividing his estate between his two daughters.

A district judge ruled against her earlier this year, and now a High Court judge has dismissed an appeal bid.

Detail of the case has emerged in a ruling by Mr Justice Holman following a public appeal hearing in the Family Division of the High Court in London in March.

The judge named Ms Aumord as the claimant in his ruling, published on a legal website, but did not identify anyone else.

Mr Justice Holman said the district judge had made no legal error when ruling on the case in February.

“Standing back, the broad picture here is that a father was leaving an estate of roughly £1 million,” said Mr Justice Holman.

“He did what most loving fathers would have done. He left it evenly to his two daughters.”

Published: Tuesday 30th June 2015 by The News Editor

Comments (0)

Local business search