Dermot says goodbye to X Factor

p31803UK-News-8-1

Published: Friday 27th March 2015 by The News Editor

Comments (0)

Dermot O’Leary has left his presenting role on The X Factor, saying it is “time for me to move on”.

The star, who has been a mainstay of the hit ITV talent show for eight years and also presents a show on Radio 2, thanked show supremo Simon Cowell.

He said: ” After eight wonderful years on The X Factor it’s time for me to move on. I’d like to thank ITV, Simon, The X Factor family and particularly the viewers, all of whom have been a big part of my life for so long.

“I’d like to wish the team all the best for the future, especially whoever takes over from me. You’re about to be the conductor on the most brilliant, runaway train in showbiz. Good luck you’ll love it!”

Earlier this week, bookmakers William Hill had O’Leary as 6-1 to replace Jeremy Clarkson on Top Gear with only fellow DJ Chris Evans and Jodie Kidd ahead of him in the betting.

O’Leary raised more than half a million pounds for Comic Relief this month by taking part in a 24-hour dance marathon .

Published: Friday 27th March 2015 by The News Editor

Comments (0)

Local business search