Father’s ordeal over ‘satanic cult’


Published: Monday 20th April 2015 by The News Editor

Comments (0)

The father of t wo young children tortured into claiming he was the leader of a satanic cult has said he still gets death threats despite a judge dismissing the allegations as “baseless”.

Mrs Justice Pauffley said at a public hearing last month that the children, aged eight and nine, had suffered “incalculable” harm after their mother and her partner forced them to “provide concocted accounts of horrific events”.

Their father, speaking to the BBC, said his children’s minds had been “mixed up, messed up” by the traumatic events.

” My children, my two children, eight and nine, they’d said that I’d sexually abused them and I was selling them to people in this satanic cult thing. They named 60, 70, 80 people,” he said.

He added: “Having to go and watch these videos when your own children say these things about you, imagine what the children must have had to do in their own psyche, their own minds, to eventually give up to beatings and stuff to say this stuff.”

It had been claimed that their father, who had separated from their mother, was the head of a cult which abused and sacrificed babies, slitting their throats and drinking their blood.

More than 100 people, including a school head, a teacher, a priest, social workers and police, were said to have been part of the cult which had been “doing sex” to the children.

Rumours of the cult, said to be operating in north London, were posted online as part of an internet campaign which the judge said was likely to have “devastating consequences” for the children.

The pair, who cannot be named, were subjected to various forms of assault including being punched, pinched and kicked in order to get them to tell the made-up stories.

In her ruling, Mrs Justice Pauffley named the children’s mother as Ella Draper and her partner as Abraham Christie.

She said: “‘I am able to state with complete conviction that none of the allegations are true.”

She added that Ms Draper had vanished and there were “rumours that she had fled abroad”, and said social services staff at the London Borough of Barnet had begun care proceedings in relation to the children.

The children’s father told the BBC he believes that with “a lot of patience, a lot of love”, things will be “OK”.

“There will always be a shadow but it’s not going to overrule our lives,” he said.

Published: Monday 20th April 2015 by The News Editor

Comments (0)

Local business search