Intimate BBC show for Take That

Published: Monday 17th November 2014 by The News Editor

Comments (0)

Take That are to perform an intimate gig for the BBC, thought to be their first since Jason Orange quit the group.

The event, announced today by DJ Jo Whiley, forms part of the Radio 2 In Concert series.

Tickets will be free to fans, who can apply to be included in a ballot on the BBC website.

The concert takes place on November 30 and will be broadcast on Radio 2, online and via the red button on December 22 .

Earlier this month, the band announced an arena tour, to kick off next April, as they prepare to hit the road as a trio for the first time. Orange said he had quit the band in September.

Jeff Smith, head of music for BBC Radio 2 and 6 Music, said: ” As the UK’s most popular radio station, we strive to showcase the biggest and best of contemporary music – from fresh talent currently making waves in the industry to those legendary acts that have made their mark in history.

“This year has been hugely successful for Radio 2’s live music portfolio, from our record-breaking Status Quo acoustic set to reuniting Jeff Lynne with his thousands of fans. We hope our audience enjoys what promises to be a fantastic performance by one of the biggest acts around.”

The Radio 2 In Concert series has previously featured Status Quo, Kylie Minogue and Elbow.

Published: Monday 17th November 2014 by The News Editor

Comments (0)

Local business search