Jake Sims gets X Factor go-ahead


Published: Saturday 1st November 2014 by The News Editor

Comments (0)

X Factor hopeful Jake Sims will perform on tonight’s show after reports claimed he tweeted about drugs.

The 19-year-old is set to appear alongside fellow members of band Stereo Kicks.

He was said to have posted messages about cannabis on Twitter last year, before he auditioned for the ITV show.

A source close to Sims said: “Jake’s not proud of how he’s behaved in the past.

“He has done a lot of growing up over the past year and in no way wants to let his fans, or his band mates, down.

“He holds his hands up and accepts how stupid his behaviour was, but wants to put this behind him and focus on making the most of the opportunity he has been given.”

A statement from the show said: “The X Factor does not condone the use of drugs in any way and appropriate action will be taken against any contestant found to be taking drugs while involved with the programme.”

An X Factor source said: “We have a strict policy on anyone found taking drugs while they are in the competition, as has been shown in the past.

“However, it would not be appropriate for us to make judgments on people’s backgrounds or past behaviour.”

The title of tonight’s show is Fright Night, with contestants singing Halloween-themed tracks.

Unusually, one act will be eliminated on the Saturday night show.

Ben Haenow said: “We all got called into Simon Cowell’s office this week, and after he told us about the elimination, well, to say we were all gobsmacked would be an understatement.

“It’s really made us sit up and get back into what is really a competition.”

Published: Saturday 1st November 2014 by The News Editor

Comments (0)

Local business search