Prosecutors study Rolf Harris file

p37767UK-News-3-1

Published: Friday 1st May 2015 by The News Editor

Comments (0)

A “full file” of evidence against disgraced entertainer Rolf Harris has been presented to the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS), sources said tonight.

The paedophile was interviewed under caution by police as part of Operation Yewtree in February.

The 85-year-old was handed a six-year jail term last year for a string of sex attacks on girls as young as seven.

A CPS spokesman said: ” The CPS has received a full file of evidence following the interview under caution of an 85-year-old man on 3 and 4 February at a police station in Stafford in relation to Operation Yewtree.

“A decision will be made in due course.”

The CPS declined to name the man, although it is understood to be the shamed entertainer.

Harris was unmasked as a predatory paedophile when he was found guilty of 12 indecent assaults at London’s Southwark Crown Court last July.

Sentencing judge Mr Justice Sweeney said Harris had shown “no remorse” for his crimes.

He said: “Your reputation lies in ruins, you have been stripped of your honours, but you have no one to blame but yourself.”

Harris was unanimously found guilty of molesting four girls – one woman who was just seven or eight and was groped when she asked for his autograph, and another two who fell prey as young teenagers.

The veteran presenter, who charmed television audiences for decades, was also convicted of a catalogue of abuse against another young victim, who prosecutors said Harris groomed from the age of 13 and used like “his little toy”.

The accusations dated between 1968 and 1986, and the girls were targeted between the ages of seven or eight and 19.

Harris subsequently had his CBE annulled at the order of the Queen following his conviction.

Published: Friday 1st May 2015 by The News Editor

Comments (0)

Local business search