Stones settle up for cancelled gigs


Published: Friday 14th November 2014 by The News Editor

Comments (0)

The Rolling Stones have settled their multimillion-pound claim with insurers over a number of cancelled shows – but say they are “deeply upset” about confidential details entering the public domain.

Insurance underwriters contested their liability to meet the costs incurred after the cancellation of concerts following the death of frontman Sir Mick Jagger’s girlfriend L’Wren Scott.

Court documents filed in the US over legal action stemming from the claim suggested the singer suffered “acute traumatic stress disorder” after Miss Scott’s suicide.

The Stones are said to have taken out a £15 million insurance policy in case of any shows being cancelled due to the death of family members.

But today representatives for the group said both sides had “settled the insurance claim”.

There were concerns among the Stones’ team about private information about the group and their families being brought into the public eye without their knowledge.

A spokesman for Jagger said: “We are deeply upset that confidential medical and other private information about members of the band and their immediate family and loved ones has entered the public domain as a result of a US court filing initiated by insurers four weeks ago.

“This was done without the knowledge of the band or reference to their legal representatives.

“This has only been discovered and reported in the press in the last week, by which time we are pleased to say the insurers and the Rolling Stones had,in fact, settled the insurance claim

“No further comment will be made about this matter.”

Veteran rock act the Stones postponed a concert tour of Australia and New Zealand after Miss Scott’s death earlier this year and filed an £8 million claim for losses.

Published: Friday 14th November 2014 by The News Editor

Comments (0)

Local business search