Amsterdam deaths spark drug warning

p11264World-News-7-1

Published: Thursday 27th November 2014 by The News Editor

Comments (0)

Health authorities in Amsterdam are warning of dangerous drugs being sold to tourists after three British men died in the last month after snorting heroin they may have believed was cocaine.

A large sign outside the Dutch capital’s Centraal Station warns that “extremely dangerous cocaine is sold to tourists” in the area.

The warning campaign comes after two British men, aged 20 and 21, were found dead in a hotel room in the city on Tuesday. Police say they apparently died after snorting “white heroin” they may have bought believing it was cocaine.

Amsterdam police spokesman Rob van der Veen said the same drug is suspected in another British tourist’s death last month.

Mr Van der Veen added that it is not yet clear why heroin is apparently being sold as cocaine.

Published: Thursday 27th November 2014 by The News Editor

Comments (0)

Local business search