Armed man enters Dutch broadcaster

p21486World-News-2-1

Published: Thursday 29th January 2015 by The News Editor

Comments (0)

An armed man entered the building of Dutch national broadcaster NOS and demanded airtime on television.

Jan de Jong, director of the NOS, told national radio that “someone got into the building” and that the man had been detained.

The Thursday evening edition of the NOS news was not broadcast.

Mr De Jong said it was unclear how the gunman got through tight security in the building and into the editorial offices.

Police quickly surrounded the building in Hilversum and evacuated staff. There were no reports of any shots being fired in the building.

The NOS 1 channel was still off-air with a screen reading “please be patient” in Dutch, and the broadcaster said on its website that police were searching the building.

Hilversum is about 12 miles east of Amsterdam.

Published: Thursday 29th January 2015 by The News Editor

Comments (0)

Local business search