Massacre suspects on US no-fly list

p18070World-News-1-1

Published: Friday 9th January 2015 by The News Editor

Comments (0)

The two French brothers wanted over the newspaper office bloodbath in Paris were already known to US authorities and had been put on the American no-fly list.

Police SWAT teams backed by helicopters tracked the two heavily armed brothers with al Qaida sympathies suspected in the newsroom massacre of a satirical French weekly that spoofed Islam.

The manhunt homed in on a region north of Paris as the nation mourned the dozen people murdered, while m ore than 88,000 security forces were deployed on the streets of France.

The au thorities fear a second strike by the suspects, Cherif Kouachi, 32, and Said Kouachi, 34, and distributed their portraits with the warning “armed and dangerous”.

They also extended France’s maximum terror alert from Paris to the northern Picardie region, focusing on several towns that might be possible safe havens for the two, who US counter-terrorism officials said were both on the US no-fly list.

Published: Friday 9th January 2015 by The News Editor

Comments (0)

Local business search