No Wake up call for Willis thriller

p26636World-News-8-1

Published: Saturday 28th February 2015 by The News Editor

Comments (0)

Die Hard star Bruce Willis has nothing to say yippie-ki-yay about at the moment – his latest film has been axed.

A spokesman for Willis, 59, said production of Wake, which was also to star Sir Ben Kingsley and Ellen Burstyn, was suddenly halted this week when financing fell through and the actor was concerned that crew members who joined him “in good faith” were left jobless.

Publicist Paul Bloch said the company responsible for financing the film did not deliver the promised funds, so production of the action-thriller was suspended indefinitely . Shooting began earlier this month in Cleveland.

Benaroya Pictures did not return calls and emails seeking comment.

Published: Saturday 28th February 2015 by The News Editor

Comments (0)

Local business search