US manhunt after six shot dead

p14561World-News-2-1

Published: Monday 15th December 2014 by The News Editor

Comments (0)

Six people are dead and one has been wounded in shootings in several homes and the suspect remains on the loose, officials in the US say.

District Attorney Risa Vetri Ferman identified the suspect in the as 35-year-old Bradley William Stone. She says all of the victims have a “familial relationship” to Stone.

Police officers have converged on a home in Pennsburg, about 30 miles northwest of Philadelphia. They are using a megaphone to try to persuade Stone to surrender.

“Bradley, this is the police department!” an officer yelled. “Come to the front door with your hands up. You’re under arrest.”

Ms Ferman says Stone is known to use a cane or walker to assist him and was likely to be wearing military fatigues.

The shootings occurred at homes in Harleysville, Lansdale and Souderton, three towns that are within a few miles of each other.

Neighbours at the first shooting scene in Harleysville said they awoke around 4 am to the sounds of breaking glass and gunshots.

One, Evon Weron, said the suspect is a former member of the military and that the first victim was his ex-wife. He told the Lansdale Reporter the couple had been fighting over custody of children.

Police with armoured vehicles and rifles flocked to Pennsburg after spending several hours at the Souderton home where several victims were found.

Several school districts ordered students and teachers to shelter in place.

Published: Monday 15th December 2014 by The News Editor

Comments (0)

Local business search