US teenager rescued from chimney

p12517World-News-7-1

Published: Wednesday 3rd December 2014 by The News Editor

Comments (0)

Firefighters spent an hour rescuing an Arizona teenager from a chimney where he got stuck after getting locked out of his home.

Crews from Scottsdale, Phoenix and Tempe fire departments were ultimately able to pull the 13-year-old boy to safety from inside the home.

The boy had tied an extension cable to a vent to climb down the chimney, but he got stuck inside. Realising he was trapped, he called the emergency services.

While the rescue was under way, firefighters worked on the rooftop and had spotlights lighting up the Scottsdale home.

They gave him a mask and goggles to protect him from dust disturbed by the removal process.

The boy’s parents were not home at the time, but firefighters reached a family member to look after the boy for the evening.

Published: Wednesday 3rd December 2014 by The News Editor

Comments (0)

Local business search